Nick Minock cares deeply about people. That is why Nick feels called to tell the stories of people in his community and share information that viewers and readers need and want to know.
Nick began his news career at WCCO-TV in Minneapolis where he learned and honed his knowledge of storytelling. As an assignment editor, Nick witnessed the power local news can have in bettering the communities we serve.
After his time at WCCO, Nick's journey landed him at KBJR-TV and KDLH-TV in Duluth, Minnesota. Over the course of two years, Nick worked his way up from being a multimedia journalist to evening anchor. As a trusted member of the community, dozens of people called Nick to tell their exclusive stories.
Nick loved telling stories in an area where his friends and family called home.
In February 2016, WWMT-TV in Grand Rapids, Michigan called Nick with a new opportunity.
WWMT-TV joined forces with WEYI-TV in Flint and WPBN-TV in Traverse City to offer Nick his dream job as a Political Correspondent. Nick was born and raised in Detroit, so it was a happy homecoming for him.
Nick was tasked with building a State Capitol bureau from scratch.
In his two years of reporting in Michigan, Nick brought hundreds of exclusive and impactful stories to viewers across the state and nation. Nick interviewed some of the biggest names in politics, including President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders.
Nick graduated from St. Cloud State University with a B.S. in Broadcast Journalism and a B.A. in Communications Studies.
Nick has interviewed:
- President Donald Trump
- Vice President Mike Pence
- U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao
- U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin
- U.S. Secretary of Labor Alexander Acosta
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer
- U.S. Secretary of Interior Ryan Zinke
- U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos
- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue
- U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross
- White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney
- EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt
- SBA Administrator Linda McMahon
- Seema Verma, Administrator of the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Fmr. U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
- Fmr. U.S. Secretary of the Army Eric Fanning
- Ivanka Trump
- Gov. Sarah Palin
- Gov. Rick Snyder
- Gov. Mark Dayton
- Gov. Rick Perry
- Gov. John Kasich
- Gov. Nikki Haley
- Gov. Scott Walker
- U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders
- U.S. Sen. Al Franken
- U.S. Sen. Tina Smith
- U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar
- U.S. Sen. Gary Peters
- U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow
- U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman
- U.S. Sen. Tim Scott
- U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham
- U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson
- U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin
- U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann
- U.S. Rep. Rick Nolan
- U.S. Rep. John Conyers
- U.S. Rep. Mike Bishop
- U.S. Rep. Fred Upton
- U.S. Rep. Tim Walberg
- U.S. Rep. Greg Walden
- U.S. Rep. Justin Amash
- U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingell
- U.S. Rep. Dan Kildee
- U.S. Rep. Bill Huizenga
- U.S. Rep. Jack Bergman
- U.S. Rep. Sander Levin
- U.S. Rep. Brenda Lawrence
- U.S. Rep. John Moolenar
- U.S. Rep. Paul Mitchell
- U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford
- U.S. Rep. Tim Walz
- U.S. Rep. Tom Emmer
- U.S. Rep. Chip Cravaack
- U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
- RNC Chair Ronna Romney McDaniel
- Eric Trump
- Donald Trump Jr.
- Chelsea Clinton
- Raj Shah , Principal Deputy White House Press Secretary
- Heather Nauert, U.S. Secretary of State Spokesperson
- Actress Lily Tomlin
- Actress Jane Fonda
- AOL CEO Steve Case
- Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson